Monday 23 September 2013

Fall Fashion Quiz

How to Transition Combat Boots from Summer to Fall


Header-Combat-Boots-Transition-Fall
Combat boots were definitely my most worn boot last year and I have a sneaking suspicion they will be this year, too. Why, you ask? Well, these babies are oh-so versatile and can match almost any style. Likewise, they’re great for transitioning from summer into pumpkin season!
To prove my point, I’ve put together two outfits incorporating my trusty combat boots. One is perfect for early fall, while the other is ideal for colder weather. Scroll down to check them both out:

Quiz Results – No peeking!

Below are the results of the quiz. Don’t look if you haven’t taken it yet! I’ve created one outfit for each result to help give you some ideas for what to wear. Enjoy!

Mostly A’s: Full Skirt

Quiz fall 2013 trends full skirt
Product Information: EarringsShirtSweatshirtBagShoesSkirt, casual prom dresses
In my opinion, there is no shape more classically feminine than a full skirt. Play up this iconic silhouette with a floral patterned blouse worn under a polka dot sweater — make sure to let the collar peep up above the neckline! Finish the look with dainty flower studs, neutral brogues, and mini cross-body to carry your simplest essentials.
There are so many sweatshirt styles out right now, so we suggest branching out beyond your basic solid-colored pullover and looking for a unique print or embellishment to really amp up the style factor. Some of our of-the-moment faves are bold graphics (à la Phillip Lim for Target) and sweatshirts made from mixed materials.
Everyone from designers to budget-conscious retailers have been stocking these stylish sweatshirts, making it fairly easy to find one within your price range. Scroll down to check out a few of our fave under $60 styles for this season:
Sweatshirt trend
Top Row: H&MForever 21Target
Bottom Row: MangoOld NavyVictoria’s Secret
About the Look:
Let's talk about a fun trend right now: athletic inspired pieces. I tried on this pair because they were on sale ($45, originally $200), with little hope that they would work for me. I knew they would be long on me (and let's be real, who has time for alterations?) and I was concerned about the lack of structure that comes with a silk pant. I wasn't sold on these until I stepped into a pair of heels. I relaxed shape and fabric desperately needs something to anchor the look (the heels). I added a fitted blazer for additional definition. It goes to show you, that styling a piece correctly can really change how you feel in it. I didn't fall in love with these at first sight, but after I dressed them up my feelings quickly changed! Dressy track pants are a great piece for the office for something edgy, yet, professional. I selected a few great pairs in the widget above (most are budget friendly). I wouldn't recommend spending too much on the trend, but think it's one that you'll have fun wearing this fall for a sassy-chic professional look. The J.Crew pair is a solid option! Let me know what you think of this look in the comments below.
PS- I will announce the winner of the ASOS giveaway this week. My PR contact I believe is enjoying a vacation :) right now. Just wanted to let you know I didn't forget about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment